Exel Wind Energy Components
Exel Composites is a trusted partner to the global wind energy industry.
Exel has supplied tailored composite solutions to wind turbine manufacturers for more than 20 years.
Our products enable lighter and longer rotor blades and faster manufacturing processes, helping to improve turbine performance and lower costs.
World-class technology and expanding global operations, combined with 50 years of experience in designing for high performance composites applications, provide a competitive edge for our customers in the fast growing wind energy market.
Exel Composites has supplied tailored a long history with composites since 1960 when the company was established.
For more than 20 years Exel has supplied the composite solutions to wind turbine manufacturers that enable lighter and bigger rotor blades and thus cost savings, faster manufacturing process and improved energy efficiency even with low winds.
Truly Global Presence
• We serve global customers locally and local customers globally
• We ensure reliable and responsive production with our eight factories in seven countries
• We possess design capabilities based on more than 50 years' experience in the composites industry
• We offer machining capabilities to meet customer needs.
Exel Product Range
Exel Composites offer tailored composite profiles and laminates to the leading wind energy solution suppliers.
Our materials portfolio includes carbon, glass or hybric fibers, and epoxy, vinyl ester and polyurethane resin systems.
• Wind turbine blade reinforcements:
›› Carbon and glass fiber profiles
›› Exel rotor blade laminates
• Wind turbine blade root joints; glass fiber spacers and carrots
• Cable management products: cable holders and ladders
• Service platforms and ladders
• Insulation components for generators
Pultrusion provides the best mechanical properties
• Accurate fiber alignment
• No wrinkles – excellent surface
• Fast production due reduced mold time
• High, consistent quality
• High strength, high fatique strength,